- No need to abandon Milton Friedman for Keynes yet. Economics works if policy makers pay attention. http://bit.ly/4Z9jA #economics #
- @MichaelDeutch Yes, nice friendly nudge to go hit Google and bone up on Concept Maps. Learnt a lot. Thanks! in reply to MichaelDeutch #
- The much-hyped higher clickthroughs on mobile ads a bust? RT @eadsd: Not your mama's monetization #mcommerce – http://bit.ly/rZ2op #
- Was set straight by @MichaelDeutch on Concept Map (multi-relationships) v #MindMap (1 central topic)- http://bit.ly/1iUygs#comments #
- Marketing headache just increased. SEO Extortion? RT @andybeal: Seth Godin Tries Out Brandjacking – http://gri.ms/2bm by @LisaBarone #
- Heh. RT @Jakewk: Started article on how RT web fuels hyperconnectedness but decided to check twitter instead. #
- Innovation Strategy is good. RT @googletravel: Google Innovation=Insight Foresight +Business ecosystems +Infrastructure. #thinktravel #
- A structured process cannot guarantee innovation. RT @IBMResearch: How global processes can stifle innovation. http://bit.ly/NazYo #
- But these are OLD basics. Execution is new. RT @CherryKam: New Basics: Relevance, Precision, Deeper Connections, Innovation #ThinkTravel #
- RT @googletravel: #thinktravel Bonita Stewart: Focus your biz on 4 areas: relevance, precision, deeper connections, and innovation. #
- And that's how corp IT gets innovated! RT @shintz: "fansumerism" = employees bring personal products to workplace #beatlive #cio #
- For all #mindmap dabblers & experts out there. RT @jkendrick: Mindmapping in digital ink, a screencast. http://bit.ly/13gQpm #
- .@gbrockway Good luck w/ your presentation at #beatlive tomorrow. Wud be interesting to see how corporate types view social media. in reply to gbrockway #
- Wow! Perfect tablet assuming decent battery life. RT @GottaBeMobile: Is Courier Microsoft’s New Tablet?via Gizmodo http://bit.ly/19bixs #
- Great deals in Mexico! RT @tomtravel2: #Travel agents are booking #Mexico in top 10 despite bad press #mexmonday http://bit.ly/20gKVG #
- But its not abt brute power anymore- Content. Rules! RT @ladarson: Amadeus "massive computation platform" 9B offers in 30msec #beatlive #
- .@Susantravels @ladarson Semantic web is one way to handle high look-to-book, but also need better caching rules (see @itasoftware). in reply to Susantravels #
- Shopping for travel deals. RT @ladarson: "look to book ratios going through the roof" mostly on leisure – Wheeler of Amadeus #beatlive #
- @DataCenterNerd Hope you are taking your 'mortal' boxes out to the gym and serving them healthy food. They need to last too! ☺ in reply to DataCenterNerd #
- @osoares Thanks for the tt mention! in reply to osoares #
- @TravelSocial Thanks for the TT mention. You should consider following me 🙂 in reply to TravelSocial #
- .@etravelproject @eadsd Most mobile solns for transactions are still dealing w/ security & integn w/ back-end systems. #travel #mobile in reply to etravelproject #
- My GDS friends are probably red-faced now! RT @gbrockway: It gets juicier. GDS is now "Stalinist technology"! #beatlive #
- And the ink is drying up? RT @gbrockway: Hah! @itasoftware CEO just compared #GDS technology to people writing with quills. #beatlive #
- Shopping more on #travel. RT @pegexec: 3.9B tranx through Peg switch in July, 50% more vol, but nobody has 50% more biz. #beatlive #
- .@etravelproject Mobile-travel Apps are on par with Mobile-banking ones: Both ok on Content & both struggling w/ Transactions. #travel in reply to etravelproject #
- Low Cost Carriers have a 43% cost advantage. Gr8 graphic here. RT @echarpentier: What Makes Cheap Airlines http://bit.ly/Gc78e #travel #
- @CIOsConnect A very good morning to you too! in reply to CIOsConnect #
- Naming the boxes in your datacenter? How abt Windex or Sparky instead of no-name alphanumerics? http://bit.ly/yQuSu #
- New-fangled App Delivery N/works have load balanc'ING' core now; Load balanc'ER's fade. RT @WebSphereClouds: http://bit.ly/O9eTT #cloud #
- Disappointing how consumer movmnts fade. RT @elliottdotorg: Have airlines neutralized the passenger rights movement? http://bit.ly/UR4wm #
- You can live adequately on the mobile web plus how to optimize sites for #mobile experience by @VirginiaNussey http://bit.ly/Eo03J #
- For ideas. Soc Media guide for Corporate Employees -SAP: http://bit.ly/Ti3bl and for Intel (via @rictownsend) http://bit.ly/vwxc0 #
- Agreed that pen & paper are best for #mindmap, but my #tabletPC works great as well. RT @WebWorkerDaily: Mind Maps http://bit.ly/heDrV #
- Heh. RT @skemsley: LOL: "ECM vendor 2 has a somewhat proprietary view of what open source actually means" http://bit.ly/2Xpy1e #
- Simple language for the challenged SEC. (Tyler Durden) RT @Jakewk: @zerohedge Perot Systems Buy-Out Front Running: http://is.gd/3×659 #
- Advtg finding what IT always knew 🙂 RT @researchlive: Agencies to work with their competitors in ‘split service’ http://bit.ly/14wlff #
- Even big cos. can use soc media to give personal service. RT @HarvardBiz: Small Cos Better at Cust Service. http://bit.ly/12ZjQY #scrm #
- .@skemsley Re BPMN 2.0 finalization how imp is the Diagram Interchange (DI) issue pointed out by Bruce Silver? http://bit.ly/vt1nk #BPM in reply to skemsley #
- Electronics as a commodity. RT @Brandingqzkewzk: Amazon branches out into own-brand electronics http://bit.ly/RfdAh #
- Physics to ponder. RT @MatthewEGreen: If you're in a vehicle traveling at speed of light, what happens when you turn the headlights on? #
- Making sense of the box from outside the box. RT @jhagel: Experiencing the absurd is good for our brains – http://bit.ly/16Iwae #
- Trying once again to 'automate' Travel Agents, in France now. RT @TechCrunch: http://bit.ly/4CPhFp (@robinwauters) #travel #tdsusa #
- Mktg genius. Create a designer brand- then create & sell a knock-off 'cheap' copy yourself b4 the underground does. http://bit.ly/3v9NmW #
Relying on Twitter for micro-blogging starting Aug 1, 2009. Refresh the page for real time updates below.
Process Mapping is generally seen as a laborious exercise in workflow mapping that is supposed to add value by helping improve business processes. Once the As-Is model has been mapped with sufficient and just enough detail, the analysts are supposed to find ‘obvious’ areas for improvement and can then triumphantly arrive at an obviously improved To-Be process model.
This approach may be adequate for incremental workflow improvement but does not address good design for a business process.
The reason a process exists is because it adds value to the customer. Otherwise the process shouldn’t exist. This is the golden rule for good Business Process Design.
James Martin and Michael Porter have been expounding on the central principle of value creation for the past few years with the Value Steam approaches. Recently Ralph Whittle reviewed the background and presented Enterprise Business Architecture as the overarching concept to capture the value-driven approach.
Given that (value-driven) process design is the core of any successful organization, I am a little concerned to find Graham Hill bidding good-bye to Process Thinking and welcoming Design Thinking as a replacement.
It may be that his use of the word ‘design’ in this fashion is too generic. A good DESIGN will bring user-centric interface design, user-friendly information architecture and customer-value-driven business processes together into a rewarding experience for the customer – and a profitable transaction for the business. Process thinking (from a customer’s viewpoint) is key.
Incremental workflow improvements in the guise of process management are ineffective unless they rest on solid business processes built after asking, “Does this add value to the customer?”